Tuesday, August 22, 2006


This blog will follow the progress of the mural I am creating for the side of the new Sunflower Market opening at the Gateway in Columbus Ohio. I knew I wanted to do something involving the patterns found in food. Patterns reveal what is happening below the surface, and I am interested in different ways things can move given their restrictions or boundaries. What can we learn by looking at all the different possibilities? How can we move?

I'm Sarah Weinstock and I have been painting closely with Katy Lemle and Katie Niewierski. Grant Fletcher, Lauren Scanlon, Sky Shineman, and Carly Glission have also helped work on the panels. There will be 9 individual paintings, each one 4'x8' and painted in acrylics. They will be mounted behind glass in 3 large windows on the 9th Avenue side of the store in time for the grand opening on September 13th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home